Hello friends, in this article we will look at information about Buddha Purnima, because Buddha Purnima is a major festival for those who believe in Buddhism.Worldwide, Buddha Purnima is generally celebrated in April or May. It is celebrated on the full moon day of the month of Baishakh. Gautama Buddha was born on the day of Buddha Purnima, on the same day he attained enlightenment and on the same day he attained Mahanirvana.
When is Buddha Jayanti Buddha Purnima 2022?
This year Buddha Purnima Jayanti is on 16th May 2022.
Why is Buddha Purnima celebrates?
Buddha Purnima is celebrate to commemorate the birth of Lord Buddha. Siddharth Gautam was born in the house of a king in Lumbini, Nepal. At the age of 19, Gautama Buddha left his home and went out to perform Devotion.Leaving his Rajpath, Gautama Buddha meditated. And began the search for truth.
He later became a propagandist of Buddhism and came to be known as Lord Buddha.
Vaishakh Purnima was when Lord Buddha attained enlightenment and since then this day is celebrated as Buddha Purnima.
In which country is Buddha Purnima celebrates?
India, China, Japan, Sri Lanka, China, Vietnam, Thailand, and about 180 other countries have large numbers of Buddhists and their followers, and Buddhists in these countries celebrate the festival with great enthusiasm.
How to celebrate Buddha Purnima?
On the day of Buddha Purnima, one gets up before sunrise in the morning and prays at the place of worship of Lord Buddha and a cultural dance is perform in front of him. As this festival is celebrated all over the world, in some places people celebrate this day by performing exercises.On this day, the Buddhist flag is also hoisted at religious places. In our India, people fast on this day.
On this day, Buddhists fast and donate, lighting lamps and decorating the house with flowers. The Buddhist scriptures are read aloud.
The Bodhi tree is specially worshiped on this day and garlands and colorful flags are adorned on its branches. The roots of the Bodhi tree are given milk and fragrant water and lamps are lit around them.
No one eats meat on this day,Also the birds are release from the cage.
Lord Buddha explained the teachings and practices of Buddhism in a very simple and easy way through the language ‘Pali’.
Powerful Buddha Quotes/Thoughts
- We can never obtain PEACE in the outer world until we make PEACE with ourselves – Buddha
- “No Matter How Hard The Past, You Can Always Begin Again.”
- Always Wrong Persons Teach The Right Lessons of Life .
- Don’t rush anything . When the time is right it’ll happen .
- The mind is everything . What you think you become .
- Health is the greatest gift , contentment is the greatest wealth – Buddha
- ” There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt . Doubt separates people . It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations . It is a thorn that irritates and hurts ; it is a sword that kills . “
- ” Pain is certain , suffering is optional . “
- Everything happens for a reason . Don’t question it , trust it .